Our Mission is to promote Zambia as a travelers destination by introducing tourists to our culture, towns & cities and natural beauties with more fauna and flora than you could imagine while providing you with an unforgettable experience. By doing so we want to give back to the community and the people of Zambia.
Through our social media platforms (Instagram and Facebook) as well as our site we promote Zambia as a travelers destination.
By sharing experiences with our guests we would like them to always have Zambia close to there heart.
We believe that the best way we can give back to the community is through education. That is the reason why we opened Nekacheya school.
Further more we attempt to introduce Zambian nature to the Zambian people by promoting tours to locals so that we allow them to appreciate nature. This way we believe we can let Zambian's be proud of the natural beauties of their nation. Our intention by doing this is to involve the local people into the conservation of the natural pearls and national parks in Zambia.
The Nekacheya Travel and Tours Story
Nekacheya Travel and Tours was started by Herbert who is a trained teacher at both primary and secondary levels. After teaching in Botswana and Zambia Herbert decided to start Nekacheya Travel and Tours after the unfortunate death of his mother who was killed by an elephant in 2003.
Instead of despising nature and elephants, Herbert decided to devote his life to working with and understanding nature as well as the environment. The best way he believed to do so was to start a tour operating business to promote responsible and sustainable tourism to foreigners and Zambians as something unique and positive.
Herbert’s mother met her fate at her village which is located in the Mosi oa Tunya National Park here in Livingstone. On the fateful day, she went out with a friend to collect firewood. After collecting the wood, tying together, they carried the bundles on their heads and headed home. As they walked back home with the wood on their heads, they concentrated on balancing the wood, which made them focus on the road ahead. Little did they know that an elephant was walking behind them, when they realized its presence, it was too close to them, and as a result they panicked, dropped the wood and ran away. The noise caused by the dropped wood frightened the elephant which got into self-defense mode and charged at his mother. After about 70 metres, it caught up with her, held her, threw her to the ground and stepped on her. All this was seen by Herbert’s cousin who was stationed at his house in the village, which was about 150 metres from the scene of the incident. After the attack the elephant walked away into the bush. The friend to Herbert’s mother survived the attack because she ran in another direction.
Over the years the company has grown and Herbert has been joined by Innocent, Gift and Jones who are all part of the Nekacheya Travel and Tours team.
The business logo are two footprints of an elephant as the participation in tourism is centered on an elephant.
The Nekacheya School Story
As Herbert started his tourism business after teaching for the majority of his professional life, he and his wife also opened a pre and primary school in Livingstone. At first our mission was to help children who have difficulties reading but it evolved to a school where we teach them as much as possible. We understand the responsibility that comes with educating our Children, but we feel it is our mission as well as our obligation to give them a headstart towards a bright future.
We, the Nekacheya Team, welcome volunteers from all over the world to help at the school. The volunteers are able to stay in one of our three guesthouses. Meanwhile we provide them with local meals and they are able to live closely with our team where we confront them with Zambian's finest hospitality.
Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
We know that the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in many changes in the way you would want to travel. In light of that we have worked out a Covid-19 policy that allows you to continue to plan and book your vacation with your mind at ease, these are:
1. Confirmed bookings for which we have received a deposit or full payment, will be secured should you (or your clients) decide it unsafe to travel.
2. Bookings can be amended up to 12 (twelve) months from the original arrival date. Please note only one amendment to travel dates may be made and should the season change to a higher rate season, the new rate will apply.
3. In the event that you (or your clients) do not travel within 12 (twelve) months of the original arrival date, the 50% deposit would be forfeited – always assuming the Corona Epidemic has been contained by then.
4. Any travel changes to bookings within 14 (fourteen) days of the travel period will incur 100% cancellation fees.
5. The above will only apply if we have received the required deposit or the full payment to confirm your reservation.
1. Any bookings made from 12 March 2020 will be subject to the following Special Conditions.
2. A deposit of 20% will be required at the time of booking.
3. 6 (six) weeks prior to arrival the balance of 80% will be required to confirm the reservation.
5. If a booking is cancelled within 4 (four) weeks of arrival a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
We will have the following exceptions where bookings are cancelled within 14 days of travel, whereby clients will be offered the same deferral policy as above:
1. If the country of the clients’ residence prevents the client from leaving,
2. If Zambia issues an inbound travel ban, banning clients from entering, or forcing arriving clients into quarantine.
We highly recommend all clients to subscribe to travel insurance covering for cancellations or medical emergencies.
Regular Terms and Conditions
RATES ARE QUOTED
• All rates are quoted are in UNITED STATES DOLLARS.
• Although rates quoted are in US Dollars as indicated above, the Zambian Kwacha as legal tender in Zambia will be accepted for quotations and payments. All quotations in Zambian Kwacha will only be valid for 15 days after the date of the quotation. For payments in Kwacha, the US Dollars amount will be converted using the prevailing Bank of Zambia mid rate on the day of the activity.
• Rates quoted are subject to availability.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours (the company) reserves the right to change any of the rates without prior notice should any operating costs increase by 20%.
• Rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured.
• Return road transfers from the Zimbabwe/Zambian border crossing, from accommodation venues in Livingstone and from the Minor Hotels Falls Resort for activities.
• Where indicated on certain activities, meals or snacks and beverages.
• Park entry fees that may be levied.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours reserves the right to accept and confirm bookings at our discretion.
• Bookings will be confirmed upon receipt of a 20% non refundable deposit.
• Payment indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions
• The balance or total amount should be paid 60 days before the date of travel.
• Failure to pay before the stipulated time could result in cancellation of the booking.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours accepts VISA and Mastercard cards.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours reserves the right to cancel or release any provisional bookings should the applicable payments not be made to secure the booking.
• All booking detail must be confirmed in writing.
• All changes to bookings i.e. dates, number of visitors, activity details etc. must be notified in writing.
• A 100 % cancellation fee will be charged if the booking is cancelled 30 days prior to the activity.
• A 50 % cancellation fee will be charged if the booking is cancelled 45 -30 days prior to the activity
• A 20% cancellation fee will be charged if the booking is cancelled 60-45 days of the activity.
• All No-Shows will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
• Discounted children’s rates apply to the different tours and safaris.
• Children must be accompanied by a parent / guardian who must sign any relevant indemnities on their behalf.
• Trips cancelled by Nekacheya Travel and Tours for any reason (like insufficient numbers) will be refunded in full if an alternative trip/date is not suitable.
• In all cases where subcontracted services are booked, the supplier’s cancellation terms will apply. We will advise you of third party cancellation policies but in most cases they are similar to the ones above.
• Should you fail to travel on scheduled dates or reduce your travel days no refund will be made. There will be no refunds from Nekacheya Travel and Tours for any unused portions of your travel. The above policy applies to all travel arrangements made by Nekacheya Travel and Tours
• It is a condition of booking that the sole responsibility lies with the guest to ensure that they carry the correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover themselves, and travelling companions for the duration of their tour.
• This insurance should include coverage in respect of, but not limited to, the following eventualities: cancellation or curtailment of the safari, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damage, theft or loss of personal baggage, money and goods.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours will take no responsibility for any costs for losses incurred or suffered by the guest, or travelling companions, with regards to, but not limited to, any of the above mentioned eventualities.
• Guests will be charged directly by the relevant service providers for any emergency services they may require, and may find themselves in a position unable to access such services should they not be carrying the relevant insurance coverage.