The Mosi oa Tunya National Park, taking its name from the local name of the Victoria Falls which means 'the smoke that thunders', is the second smallest Park in Zambia. It is located in Livingstone and actually hosts the Victoria falls in it. The Park also boasts of having the only White Rhinos in the country hence known for having the popular Rhino Walks. Being located in the elephant corridor as well as having Buffalos as part of its fauna it gives you the perfect opportunity to cover three of the big five. Other fauna found include, the waterbuck, Burchell's Zebra, Giraffe, Hippos, Crocodile, various bird species including the fish eagle, etc.
South Luangwa National Park
This park has the highest concentration of wildlife making it a suitable destination for a great safari, this could be done through game drives or walking safaris. It is worth noting that the Luangwa valley is home to the Rhodesian giraffe popularly known as the Thornicroft's giraffe. You can only sport them here.
The park is also known as the valley of the leopard because of the high numbers of leopards found in it, while on safari you have a high chance of spotting a leopard.
Additionally the South Luangwa National Park is the first park to be declared self sustainable in the world by UNESCO.
Kafue National Park Safaris
Spend time in the Kafue National Park, it is the largest park in Zambia and one of the largest in Africa so it offers a perfect destination for a Zambian Safari or an African Safari. Being in the park allows you to get to the Busanga Plains which is one area of the Kafue National Park with a high concentration of wildlife, such as Lions, African Buffalo, Hippopotamus and it is home to 21 different species of antelopes.
Lower Zambezi National Park
Covering an area of 4,092 square kilometers along the banks of the Zambezi River, the Lower Zambezi National park does not disappoint in being a wildlife sanctuary in Zambia. Ranging from Elephants, Lions, leopards, painted dogs, to Hippos, crocodiles, and over 400 species of birds, it is one of the best destination for the safari enthusiast. What makes it unique is its remoteness which allows you experience the authentic African wilderness. The park is famous for its Canoe Safaris since most of the animals are usually around the water areas. It also has walking safaris which bring you closer to the wilderness.
Botswana National Parks
Chobe National Park Safaris
The Chobe national park has the highest elephant population density in Africa, this offers you a great opportunity to see the elephants, as well as crocodiles, hippos, buffaloes and many other animals. When doing the overnight safari in the Chobe there is a high probability of seeing the big cats on the early morning game drive when the cats are still active.
The park also includes the Okavango Delta, Makgadikgadi salt pans as well as the Moremi Game Reserve.
The Desert is its own highlight. Apart from hosting two of the mentioned highlights and covering most of Botswana, its stretch covers two other countries and is home to the Bush men. You can do tour expedition with the bushmen.
Zimbabwe National Parks
Hwange National Parks
The Hwange National Park is the largest national park in Zimbabwe. It is famous for also hosting a large number of Elephants and South African wild dogs or painted wolfs. Apart from that it also has Lions, Zebra, brown spotted hyena, to mention but a few, and also several species of birds.
Mana Pools National Park
The Mana Pools National Park has been associated with walking and canoe safaris. The park has the highest concentration of Hippos and crocodiles as well as many bird species. Predators such lion can be spotted as they hunt for prey near the pools.
Namibia National Parks
Namib-Naukluft National Park
This is National Park mostly hosts the Namibian Desert. From the west coastal area of the Country stands the Namib desert - the oldest desert at 80 million years with its towering dunes. It is also home of the famous Deadvlei. This is a clay pan containing some ancient dead trees. You can also visit Kolmanskop Ghost Town here.From once a town that emerged as result of having one of the world's precious stone to now a remnant of old buildings depicting that man can transform harsh environments if they have the resources he needs.
Etosha National park
The park boast of 4 of the big five as it has no Buffalos. However this does not affect the shimmer of this hotspot. With most of its wildlife gathering along its waterholes during the dry season, it simply is a place to be to see how these adaptive creatures interact with each other.
Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
We know that the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in many changes in the way you would want to travel. In light of that we have worked out a Covid-19 policy that allows you to continue to plan and book your vacation with your mind at ease, these are:
1. Confirmed bookings for which we have received a deposit or full payment, will be secured should you (or your clients) decide it unsafe to travel.
2. Bookings can be amended up to 12 (twelve) months from the original arrival date. Please note only one amendment to travel dates may be made and should the season change to a higher rate season, the new rate will apply.
3. In the event that you (or your clients) do not travel within 12 (twelve) months of the original arrival date, the 50% deposit would be forfeited – always assuming the Corona Epidemic has been contained by then.
4. Any travel changes to bookings within 14 (fourteen) days of the travel period will incur 100% cancellation fees.
5. The above will only apply if we have received the required deposit or the full payment to confirm your reservation.
1. Any bookings made from 12 March 2020 will be subject to the following Special Conditions.
2. A deposit of 20% will be required at the time of booking.
3. 6 (six) weeks prior to arrival the balance of 80% will be required to confirm the reservation.
5. If a booking is cancelled within 4 (four) weeks of arrival a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
We will have the following exceptions where bookings are cancelled within 14 days of travel, whereby clients will be offered the same deferral policy as above:
1. If the country of the clients’ residence prevents the client from leaving,
2. If Zambia issues an inbound travel ban, banning clients from entering, or forcing arriving clients into quarantine.
We highly recommend all clients to subscribe to travel insurance covering for cancellations or medical emergencies.
Regular Terms and Conditions
RATES ARE QUOTED
• All rates are quoted are in UNITED STATES DOLLARS.
• Although rates quoted are in US Dollars as indicated above, the Zambian Kwacha as legal tender in Zambia will be accepted for quotations and payments. All quotations in Zambian Kwacha will only be valid for 15 days after the date of the quotation. For payments in Kwacha, the US Dollars amount will be converted using the prevailing Bank of Zambia mid rate on the day of the activity.
• Rates quoted are subject to availability.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours (the company) reserves the right to change any of the rates without prior notice should any operating costs increase by 20%.
• Rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured.
• Return road transfers from the Zimbabwe/Zambian border crossing, from accommodation venues in Livingstone and from the Minor Hotels Falls Resort for activities.
• Where indicated on certain activities, meals or snacks and beverages.
• Park entry fees that may be levied.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours reserves the right to accept and confirm bookings at our discretion.
• Bookings will be confirmed upon receipt of a 20% non refundable deposit.
• Payment indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions
• The balance or total amount should be paid 60 days before the date of travel.
• Failure to pay before the stipulated time could result in cancellation of the booking.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours accepts VISA and Mastercard cards.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours reserves the right to cancel or release any provisional bookings should the applicable payments not be made to secure the booking.
• All booking detail must be confirmed in writing.
• All changes to bookings i.e. dates, number of visitors, activity details etc. must be notified in writing.
• A 100 % cancellation fee will be charged if the booking is cancelled 30 days prior to the activity.
• A 50 % cancellation fee will be charged if the booking is cancelled 45 -30 days prior to the activity
• A 20% cancellation fee will be charged if the booking is cancelled 60-45 days of the activity.
• All No-Shows will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
• Discounted children’s rates apply to the different tours and safaris.
• Children must be accompanied by a parent / guardian who must sign any relevant indemnities on their behalf.
• Trips cancelled by Nekacheya Travel and Tours for any reason (like insufficient numbers) will be refunded in full if an alternative trip/date is not suitable.
• In all cases where subcontracted services are booked, the supplier’s cancellation terms will apply. We will advise you of third party cancellation policies but in most cases they are similar to the ones above.
• Should you fail to travel on scheduled dates or reduce your travel days no refund will be made. There will be no refunds from Nekacheya Travel and Tours for any unused portions of your travel. The above policy applies to all travel arrangements made by Nekacheya Travel and Tours
• It is a condition of booking that the sole responsibility lies with the guest to ensure that they carry the correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover themselves, and travelling companions for the duration of their tour.
• This insurance should include coverage in respect of, but not limited to, the following eventualities: cancellation or curtailment of the safari, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damage, theft or loss of personal baggage, money and goods.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours will take no responsibility for any costs for losses incurred or suffered by the guest, or travelling companions, with regards to, but not limited to, any of the above mentioned eventualities.
• Guests will be charged directly by the relevant service providers for any emergency services they may require, and may find themselves in a position unable to access such services should they not be carrying the relevant insurance coverage.
While information is the cornerstone of our ability to provide superior service, our most important asset is our clients’ trust. Keeping client information secure, and using it only as our clients would want us to, is a top priority for all of us at Nekacheya Travel & Tours. Here then, is our promise to our individual customers:
• We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any information our customers share with us.
• We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service to our customers, which includes advising our customers about our products, services and other opportunities, and to administer our business.
• We will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of customer information, to have access to that information. Employees who violate our Privacy Promise will be subject to our normal disciplinary process.
• We will not reveal customer information to any external organization unless we have previously informed the customer in disclosures or agreements, or are required by law.
• Whenever we hire other organizations to provide support services, we will require them to conform to our privacy standards and to allow us to audit them for compliance.
• We will attempt to keep customer files complete, up-to-date, and accurate. We will tell our customers how and where to conveniently access their information (except when we’re prohibited by law) and how to notify us about errors which we will promptly correct.
Information We Collect
When you register, and at other times, we may collect personally identifiable information from you that may include your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and facts about your computer.
Web Site Usage Information: We automatically collect IP addresses and Web site usage information from you when you visit our Web site. This information helps us evaluate how our visitors and customers use and navigate our Web site on an aggregate basis, including the number and frequency of visitors and customers to each Web page, and the length of their visits.
How We Use Information Collected
We may use information in the following ways:
• For the purposes for which you specifically provided the information.
• To send you e-mail notifications about our new or existing products and services, special offers, or to otherwise contact you.
• To enhance existing features or develop new features, products and services.
• To allow us to personalize the content and advertising that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
• We may combine the information that we collect from you on https://www.NEKAtours.com with information that you provide to us in connection with your use of our other products, services and web site.
We employ cookie technology to help visitors and customers move faster through our site. When you sign on to our Web site or take advantage of several key features, we may pass cookies to your computer. A cookie is a string of information that is sent by a Web site and stored on your hard drive or temporarily in your computer’s memory.
The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing https://www.nekatours.com and communicating electronically with us you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
Comments and Questions