Livingstone City is richly embraced with national heritage sites and localities. It is one of the few places that you will find Dr. David Livingstone's letters which are located in the Livingstone Museum, the city has diverse cultures that portray true Zambian spirits and values.
Zambia has a rich cultural history that can be discovered by visiting the different National Museums (s.a. the Railway museum and the Livingstone Museum) and through going to historical sites as well as by interacting with the local people.
Please discover our community tours below
If you have any questions concerning the community tours
A cultural tour that allows you to not only see a different culture, but it allows you to experience the culture through an authentic journey, immersing you into the daily culture of Tonga people and their lives. The duration of the tour is flexible, it can be done as a half day tour or a full day tour, it is available all year round and each period of the year offers a unique experience.
Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
We know that the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in many changes in the way you would want to travel. In light of that we have worked out a Covid-19 policy that allows you to continue to plan and book your vacation with your mind at ease, these are:
1. Confirmed bookings for which we have received a deposit or full payment, will be secured should you (or your clients) decide it unsafe to travel.
2. Bookings can be amended up to 12 (twelve) months from the original arrival date. Please note only one amendment to travel dates may be made and should the season change to a higher rate season, the new rate will apply.
3. In the event that you (or your clients) do not travel within 12 (twelve) months of the original arrival date, the 50% deposit would be forfeited – always assuming the Corona Epidemic has been contained by then.
4. Any travel changes to bookings within 14 (fourteen) days of the travel period will incur 100% cancellation fees.
5. The above will only apply if we have received the required deposit or the full payment to confirm your reservation.
1. Any bookings made from 12 March 2020 will be subject to the following Special Conditions.
2. A deposit of 20% will be required at the time of booking.
3. 6 (six) weeks prior to arrival the balance of 80% will be required to confirm the reservation.
5. If a booking is cancelled within 4 (four) weeks of arrival a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
We will have the following exceptions where bookings are cancelled within 14 days of travel, whereby clients will be offered the same deferral policy as above:
1. If the country of the clients’ residence prevents the client from leaving,
2. If Zambia issues an inbound travel ban, banning clients from entering, or forcing arriving clients into quarantine.
We highly recommend all clients to subscribe to travel insurance covering for cancellations or medical emergencies.
Regular Terms and Conditions
RATES ARE QUOTED
• All rates are quoted are in UNITED STATES DOLLARS.
• Although rates quoted are in US Dollars as indicated above, the Zambian Kwacha as legal tender in Zambia will be accepted for quotations and payments. All quotations in Zambian Kwacha will only be valid for 15 days after the date of the quotation. For payments in Kwacha, the US Dollars amount will be converted using the prevailing Bank of Zambia mid rate on the day of the activity.
• Rates quoted are subject to availability.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours (the company) reserves the right to change any of the rates without prior notice should any operating costs increase by 20%.
• Rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured.
• Return road transfers from the Zimbabwe/Zambian border crossing, from accommodation venues in Livingstone and from the Minor Hotels Falls Resort for activities.
• Where indicated on certain activities, meals or snacks and beverages.
• Park entry fees that may be levied.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours reserves the right to accept and confirm bookings at our discretion.
• Bookings will be confirmed upon receipt of a 20% non refundable deposit.
• Payment indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions
• The balance or total amount should be paid 60 days before the date of travel.
• Failure to pay before the stipulated time could result in cancellation of the booking.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours accepts VISA and Mastercard cards.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours reserves the right to cancel or release any provisional bookings should the applicable payments not be made to secure the booking.
• All booking detail must be confirmed in writing.
• All changes to bookings i.e. dates, number of visitors, activity details etc. must be notified in writing.
• A 100 % cancellation fee will be charged if the booking is cancelled 30 days prior to the activity.
• A 50 % cancellation fee will be charged if the booking is cancelled 45 -30 days prior to the activity
• A 20% cancellation fee will be charged if the booking is cancelled 60-45 days of the activity.
• All No-Shows will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
• Discounted children’s rates apply to the different tours and safaris.
• Children must be accompanied by a parent / guardian who must sign any relevant indemnities on their behalf.
• Trips cancelled by Nekacheya Travel and Tours for any reason (like insufficient numbers) will be refunded in full if an alternative trip/date is not suitable.
• In all cases where subcontracted services are booked, the supplier’s cancellation terms will apply. We will advise you of third party cancellation policies but in most cases they are similar to the ones above.
• Should you fail to travel on scheduled dates or reduce your travel days no refund will be made. There will be no refunds from Nekacheya Travel and Tours for any unused portions of your travel. The above policy applies to all travel arrangements made by Nekacheya Travel and Tours
• It is a condition of booking that the sole responsibility lies with the guest to ensure that they carry the correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover themselves, and travelling companions for the duration of their tour.
• This insurance should include coverage in respect of, but not limited to, the following eventualities: cancellation or curtailment of the safari, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damage, theft or loss of personal baggage, money and goods.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours will take no responsibility for any costs for losses incurred or suffered by the guest, or travelling companions, with regards to, but not limited to, any of the above mentioned eventualities.
• Guests will be charged directly by the relevant service providers for any emergency services they may require, and may find themselves in a position unable to access such services should they not be carrying the relevant insurance coverage.