Livingstone, Zambia stands out as one of the best holiday destinations in Africa. It has a number of attractions such as the Victoria falls, cruises along the Zambezi River, 3 of the Big Five animals (Rhinos, Buffalo and Elephant) can be seen in the Livingstone Mosi oa Tunya National Park, to white water rafting on the Zambezi River in the Batoka Gorges; the Livingstone Adventurer package is set to give out Livingstone's best sites all in one. While on this package you will have cultural and town tour of Livingstone to enlighten you on the history and appreciate the differences between the lifestyle of people in rural and urban areas in Zambia.
Duration: 9 days 8 nights
Package Rate: US$ 2340 per person
The prices can differ depending on the type of accommodation that you would like.
Mosi oa Tunya National Park
Devils Pool (Livingstone Island)
Victoria Falls Bridge
Located in Livingstone, Zambia the Victoria Falls is the largest sheet of falling water and it is a marvel to watch. It is one of the Seven Wonders of the World and a visit to Livingstone would be incomplete without a tour of the Victoria Falls.
Mois oa Tunya National Park
The Mosi oa Tunya National park is a park in Livingstone, Zambia which is famous for being the only park in Zambia with the endangered White Rhinos. While on a game drive in the Mosi oa Tunya National park you can expect to see Elephants, Cape Buffaloes, Wildebeests, Bushbacks, Waterbucks, Kudus, Impalas, Chacma Baboons, Vervet Monkeys, Hippos, Giraffes and many other animals.
The Zambezi Rive is one of the longest river in Africa and it is on this river that The Victoria Falls were formed. It also worth mentioning that Zambia got its name from the Zambezi River. It boasts of the different animals and birds it draws to its banks including the big five animals depending on the region.
Devils Pool (Livingstone Island)
Swim at the edge of the Victoria Falls at the Devils Pool which is a few meters away from the Livingstone Island as you experience a scenery that will only be seen by the daring. This optional activity, that is swimming at the devils pool, comes as part of the package as you visit the Livingstone Island.
Arrival into Livingstone – You will meet our friendly guide at the Harry Mwanga Nkumbula Airport(Livingstone Airport)
Free afternoon – The afternoon has been left free to allow you to relax and enjoy the amazing views of the Zambezi river
You will begin the tour of the Victoria Falls on the Zambian side, on the tour the guide will give you all necessary information on the Victoria Falls, Zambezi river as well as the flora and fauna of the area
We will return to the lodge, where you will have about 2 hours before the next activity begins
Immediately after lunch we begin the Tour of Livingstone – on this tour you learn about the history of Livingstone, visit the Livingstone Museum, Jewish Museum and Maramba Open market.
You will have breakfast on the banks of the Zambezi river
Cultural Tour – You will start with Mukwalantila village which is 70km from Livingstone, here we will learn about the lifestyle of the Tonga speaking people and we will also take part in some of their everyday activities like ploughing, herding cattle and cooking.
Breakfast at the dawn of the African sunrise
Day one of 3 days rafting: The rafting will be from rapid 1 to 25 in the Batoka gorges which are one of the world’s best rafting areas. A swim from below the falls before the raft begins will enable you to enjoy the beauty of the falls from below. Camping along the shores for the two nights will be a good time to share and reflect on the exhilarating memories made.
You will be returned to the lodge after rafting
The afternoon is left free for you to rest and relax
You will start the 3 hour Game drive in the Mosi oa Tunya National park which is located in Livingstone. It is home to different wildlife such as giraffes, zebras, hippos, antelopes, cape buffalo and many others. We will then have a rhino walk; this allows us to get closer to the White rhinos found in the park
Elephant Café: Enjoy a well-deserved luxurious meal at the Elephant Café while you view elephants browse nearby.
Returned to lodge
08:00 Devils Pool: Now that you have swam under the falls its time to swim right on the edge and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The activity comes with a tour of the Livingstone island on which you will have your breakfast from
16:40 – Enjoy a sunset cruise on the Zambezi River to celebrate your last day. Look around as you might chance some hippos and crocodiles peeping from below, including birds and other wild animals around the banks.
19:00 - (optional Dinner)
Departure: You will be provided with an airport shuttle from the lodge.
1. Accommodation 2. All transport to the different scenic spots 3. Professional guide to all tours and activities 4. Park Fees
6. Complimentary Nekacheya Travel and Tours T-Shirt
1. Visa fees, you will need to obtain a Kaza Visa for Zambia 2. Travel Insurance
3. Lunch and dinner
-45 - 30 Days - 50% -Less than 30 Days / No Show - 100%
Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
We know that the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in many changes in the way you would want to travel. In light of that we have worked out a Covid-19 policy that allows you to continue to plan and book your vacation with your mind at ease, these are:
1. Confirmed bookings for which we have received a deposit or full payment, will be secured should you (or your clients) decide it unsafe to travel.
2. Bookings can be amended up to 12 (twelve) months from the original arrival date. Please note only one amendment to travel dates may be made and should the season change to a higher rate season, the new rate will apply.
3. In the event that you (or your clients) do not travel within 12 (twelve) months of the original arrival date, the 50% deposit would be forfeited – always assuming the Corona Epidemic has been contained by then.
4. Any travel changes to bookings within 14 (fourteen) days of the travel period will incur 100% cancellation fees.
5. The above will only apply if we have received the required deposit or the full payment to confirm your reservation.
1. Any bookings made from 12 March 2020 will be subject to the following Special Conditions.
2. A deposit of 20% will be required at the time of booking.
3. 6 (six) weeks prior to arrival the balance of 80% will be required to confirm the reservation.
5. If a booking is cancelled within 4 (four) weeks of arrival a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
We will have the following exceptions where bookings are cancelled within 14 days of travel, whereby clients will be offered the same deferral policy as above:
1. If the country of the clients’ residence prevents the client from leaving,
2. If Zambia issues an inbound travel ban, banning clients from entering, or forcing arriving clients into quarantine.
We highly recommend all clients to subscribe to travel insurance covering for cancellations or medical emergencies.
Regular Terms and Conditions
RATES ARE QUOTED
• All rates are quoted are in UNITED STATES DOLLARS.
• Although rates quoted are in US Dollars as indicated above, the Zambian Kwacha as legal tender in Zambia will be accepted for quotations and payments. All quotations in Zambian Kwacha will only be valid for 15 days after the date of the quotation. For payments in Kwacha, the US Dollars amount will be converted using the prevailing Bank of Zambia mid rate on the day of the activity.
• Rates quoted are subject to availability.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours (the company) reserves the right to change any of the rates without prior notice should any operating costs increase by 20%.
• Rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured.
• Return road transfers from the Zimbabwe/Zambian border crossing, from accommodation venues in Livingstone and from the Minor Hotels Falls Resort for activities.
• Where indicated on certain activities, meals or snacks and beverages.
• Park entry fees that may be levied.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours reserves the right to accept and confirm bookings at our discretion.
• Bookings will be confirmed upon receipt of a 20% non refundable deposit.
• Payment indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions
• The balance or total amount should be paid 60 days before the date of travel.
• Failure to pay before the stipulated time could result in cancellation of the booking.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours accepts VISA and Mastercard cards.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours reserves the right to cancel or release any provisional bookings should the applicable payments not be made to secure the booking.
• All booking detail must be confirmed in writing.
• All changes to bookings i.e. dates, number of visitors, activity details etc. must be notified in writing.
• A 100 % cancellation fee will be charged if the booking is cancelled 30 days prior to the activity.
• A 50 % cancellation fee will be charged if the booking is cancelled 45 -30 days prior to the activity
• A 20% cancellation fee will be charged if the booking is cancelled 60-45 days of the activity.
• All No-Shows will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
• Discounted children’s rates apply to the different tours and safaris.
• Children must be accompanied by a parent / guardian who must sign any relevant indemnities on their behalf.
• Trips cancelled by Nekacheya Travel and Tours for any reason (like insufficient numbers) will be refunded in full if an alternative trip/date is not suitable.
• In all cases where subcontracted services are booked, the supplier’s cancellation terms will apply. We will advise you of third party cancellation policies but in most cases they are similar to the ones above.
• Should you fail to travel on scheduled dates or reduce your travel days no refund will be made. There will be no refunds from Nekacheya Travel and Tours for any unused portions of your travel. The above policy applies to all travel arrangements made by Nekacheya Travel and Tours
• It is a condition of booking that the sole responsibility lies with the guest to ensure that they carry the correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover themselves, and travelling companions for the duration of their tour.
• This insurance should include coverage in respect of, but not limited to, the following eventualities: cancellation or curtailment of the safari, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damage, theft or loss of personal baggage, money and goods.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours will take no responsibility for any costs for losses incurred or suffered by the guest, or travelling companions, with regards to, but not limited to, any of the above mentioned eventualities.
• Guests will be charged directly by the relevant service providers for any emergency services they may require, and may find themselves in a position unable to access such services should they not be carrying the relevant insurance coverage.