Amazing South Luangwa and Kafue National Park Safari plus Victoria Falls
For U$ 3310 per person
Enjoy a 30 % Discount on this safari for 2021 & 2022 bookings
The overland safari begins in the South Luangwa National Park, which is undoubtedly one of Zambia's best parks and even in Africa at large, due to its high density of wildlife and rich population of Leopards which has gained it the nickname 'the valley of leopards'. From the South Luangwa national park we will proceed to Lusaka with a stop over in Luangwa, This will allow us to slow drive through the beautiful hilly landscapes of the Eastern province on the great east road, along the way we will have some stops to see places of interest and to interact with the local people. Once we get to Lusaka we will visit a number of historical sites such as Chilenje house, Oliver Tambo House and many others, as well as the Lusaka Museum and some markets.
We shall then proceed to the Kafue National Park, this is the largest national park in Zambia in terms of size and it is also one of the oldest. It is home to over 20 different antelope species as well as the tree climbing Lions and so many other wildlife.
And finally we will end the safari in Livingstone, the home of the mighty Victoria Falls. In Livingstone we will see the magnificent Victoria falls, the Zambezi river, the Mosi oa Tunya national park as well as the city of Livingstone which has rich history.
National Parks to be visited - Victoria Falls - Mosi oa Tunya National Park - Kafue National Park - South Luangwa National Park
The South Luangwa National Park is undoubtedly one of the best parks in Zambia as well as in Africa, it has a high population of wildlife which allows you to see enough animals to fill your heart’s desire. The South Luangwa is also known for its high number of leopards, hence it being nicknames the ‘Valley of the Leopard’. Additionally the walking safaris allow you to experience the safari like no other place.
The Kafue National Park is one of Africa’s biggest National park with a size of 22400 square meters, this makes it one of the best places for a Safari because the animals have a huge plain in which to freely roam and it is home to over 55 different wildlife species, while in this park you have a good chance of seeing 4 of the big 5, which are the Lion, Cape Buffalloe, leopard, and the elephant.
The Victoria Falls is the largest sheet of falling water in the world, the falls runs for a distance of 1.7km from the Zambia to Zimbabwe, the Victoria is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. A visit to Livingstone would be incomplete without a tour of the Victoria Falls.
The Mosi oa Tunya National park is the park in Livingstone which is famous for being the only park in Zambia with White Rhinos. While on a game drive in the Mosi oa Tunya National park you would expect to see Cape Buffaloes, Wildebeests, Bushbacks, Waterbucks, Kudus, Impalas, Chacma Baboons, Vervet Monkeys, Hippos, Giraffes and many other animals.
Price: U$3310 Per Person Minimum 2 pax
Day 1 Arrival at Mfuwe International Airport Transfer to South Luangwa National Park
We will start the day with a morning Game drive in the South Luangwa National Park where we will have an opportunity to see different animals in their natural habitat, such as cape buffaloes, painted dogs, lions and many more.
In the late afternoon we will have another Game drive in the South Luangwa National Park
Day 3 In the morning we will depart from South Luangwa National Park heading to Luangwa Bridge where we will stop over for the night
On our way to Luangwa bridge we will have some stop overs to interact with the people and any places of interest such as the Luangwa Bridge, the market and the towns along the way.
Day 4 In the morning we shall leave Luangwa heading to Lusaka
Once in Lusaka we will have a free afternoon
Day 5 Have a tour of Lusaka and a trip to the Lusaka Museum Dinner
Day 6 We depart for the Kafue National Park, this is the second biggest national park in Africa, due to its size it offers a great opportunity to view wildlife on safari. The drive will take about 6-7 hours
Day 7 We will begin the game drive in the Kafue National Park where we will an opportunity to see Lions, Kudu, Bushbucks, Waterbucks, Cheetahs, Zebras, Leopards, Cape Buffaloes, elephants among many others
In the afternoon we will have a river safari on the Kafue River we will have an opportunity to see Hippos, Crocodiles, Bird, elephants and other animals that will come to the river for a drink.
Day 8 Immediately after breakfast we will depart from the Kafue National Park heading to Livingstone, the drive will take about 6 – 8 hours With stops at Bilili hot springs near the Dundumwezi gate and a brief history of Kalomo which used to be Zambia's capital.
Free morning and afternoon – The afternoon has been left free to allow you to relax and enjoy the amazing views of the Zambezi river
On this day we can do some optional activities like
- Swimming in the devils pool
-White water rafting -Bungee jumping
-Bicycle tour of Livingstone
We will start the 3 hour Game drive and a rhino walk in the Mosi oa Tunya National park which is located in Livingstone, it is home to different wildlife such as giraffes, zebras, hippos, antelopes, cape buffalo and many others. We will then have a rhino walk; this allows us to get closer to the White rhinos found in the park.
You will begin the tour of the Victoria Falls on the Zambian side, on the tour the guide will give you all necessary information on the Victoria Falls, Zambezi river as well as the flora and fauna of the area.
Day 11 Cultural Tour – We will visit Mukwalantila village which is 70km from Livingstone, here we will learn about the lifestyle of the Tonga speaking people and we will also take part in some of their everyday activities like ploughing, herding cattle and cooking.
Day 12 Tour of Livingstone – on this tour you learn about the history of Livingstone, visit the Livingstone Museum, Jewish Museum and Maramba Open market. Dinner at the David Livingstone Safari Lodge
Checking out - You will be dropped off at the International Airport- Harry Mwaanga Nkumbula Airport in Livingstone or Kenneth Kaunda Airport in Lusaka
-South Luangwa National Park
-Kafue National Park
-Mosi oa Tunya National Park
Accommodation Transfers on all tours A professional guide on all tours and activities Park fees
Breakfast on all days
Lunch and dinner Visa fees
13 Days and 12 nights
-45 - 30 Days - 50% -Less than 30 Days / No Show - 100%
Covid-19 Cancellation Policy
We know that the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in many changes in the way you would want to travel. In light of that we have worked out a Covid-19 policy that allows you to continue to plan and book your vacation with your mind at ease, these are:
1. Confirmed bookings for which we have received a deposit or full payment, will be secured should you (or your clients) decide it unsafe to travel.
2. Bookings can be amended up to 12 (twelve) months from the original arrival date. Please note only one amendment to travel dates may be made and should the season change to a higher rate season, the new rate will apply.
3. In the event that you (or your clients) do not travel within 12 (twelve) months of the original arrival date, the 50% deposit would be forfeited – always assuming the Corona Epidemic has been contained by then.
4. Any travel changes to bookings within 14 (fourteen) days of the travel period will incur 100% cancellation fees.
5. The above will only apply if we have received the required deposit or the full payment to confirm your reservation.
1. Any bookings made from 12 March 2020 will be subject to the following Special Conditions.
2. No deposit will be required at the time of booking.
3. 4 (four) weeks prior to arrival a 50% deposit will be required to confirm the reservation.
4. The balance of 50% will be required on arrival.
5. If a booking is cancelled within 4 (four) weeks of arrival a 50% cancellation fee will apply.
We will have the following exceptions where bookings are cancelled within 14 days of travel, whereby clients will be offered the same deferral policy as above:
1. If the country of the clients’ residence prevents the client from leaving,
2. If Zambia issues an inbound travel ban, banning clients from entering, or forcing arriving clients into quarantine.
We highly recommend all clients to subscribe to travel insurance covering for cancellations or medical emergencies.
Regular Terms and Conditions
RATES ARE QUOTED
• All rates are quoted are in UNITED STATES DOLLARS.
• Although rates quoted are in US Dollars as indicated above, the Zambian Kwacha as legal tender in Zambia will be accepted for quotations and payments. All quotations in Zambian Kwacha will only be valid for 15 days after the date of the quotation. For payments in Kwacha, the US Dollars amount will be converted using the prevailing Bank of Zambia mid rate on the day of the activity.
• Rates quoted are subject to availability.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours (the company) reserves the right to change any of the rates without prior notice should any operating costs increase by 20%.
• Rates quoted for confirmed bookings will be honoured.
• Return road transfers unless mentioned otherwise
• Where indicated on certain activities, meals or snacks and beverages.
• Park entry fees that may be levied.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours reserves the right to accept and confirm bookings at our discretion.
• Bookings will be confirmed upon receipt of a 20% non refundable deposit.
• Payment indicates acceptance of these terms and conditions
• The balance or total amount should be paid 60 days before the date of travel.
• Failure to pay before the stipulated time could result in cancellation of the booking.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours accepts VISA and Mastercard cards.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours reserves the right to cancel or release any provisional bookings should the applicable payments not be made to secure the booking.
• All booking detail must be confirmed in writing.
• All changes to bookings i.e. dates, number of visitors, activity details etc. must be notified in writing.
• A 100 % cancellation fee will be charged if the booking is cancelled 30 days prior to the activity.
• A 50 % cancellation fee will be charged if the booking is cancelled 45 -30 days prior to the activity
• A 20% cancellation fee will be charged if the booking is cancelled 60-45 days of the activity.
• All No-Shows will be charged a 100% cancellation fee.
• Discounted children’s rates apply to the different tours and safaris.
• Children must be accompanied by a parent / guardian who must sign any relevant indemnities on their behalf.
• Trips cancelled by Nekacheya Travel and Tours for any reason (like insufficient numbers) will be refunded in full if an alternative trip/date is not suitable.
• In all cases where subcontracted services are booked, the supplier’s cancellation terms will apply. We will advise you of third party cancellation policies but in most cases they are similar to the ones above.
• Should you fail to travel on scheduled dates or reduce your travel days no refund will be made. There will be no refunds from Nekacheya Travel and Tours for any unused portions of your travel. The above policy applies to all travel arrangements made by Nekacheya Travel and Tours
• It is a condition of booking that the sole responsibility lies with the guest to ensure that they carry the correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover themselves, and travelling companions for the duration of their tour.
• This insurance should include coverage in respect of, but not limited to, the following eventualities: cancellation or curtailment of the safari, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damage, theft or loss of personal baggage, money and goods.
• Nekacheya Travel and Tours will take no responsibility for any costs for losses incurred or suffered by the guest, or travelling companions, with regards to, but not limited to, any of the above mentioned eventualities.
• Guests will be charged directly by the relevant service providers for any emergency services they may require, and may find themselves in a position unable to access such services should they not be carrying the relevant insurance coverage.